This is the weeknote for the Open Revs & Bens project that covers the week 14-18 March.
It’s been the first week proper on the project and loads has happened already!
What we’ve done
- We launched this website and the project publicly at the start of the week and had a great response. 7 councils have already expressed an interest in what we are doing, which is fab!
- Sedgemoor have recorded a video walk through of their business rates system, which we will publish on this site next week
- We’ve set up access to an Azure environment, created a repository in which the project code is stored, and successfully shown the code can be built by a developer
- We’ve also begun the mapping of the first authority’s data (Leeds, currently using the Capita system) to the Sedgemoor business rates schema.
What we’ve learned
- We’ve learnt that talking to each other via email is too busy/slowing us down. We’re moving all internal comms on to the team’s Slack channel to keep things a bit more real time
Remember – if you’d like to know more about the project, register your interest, leave a comment or email email@example.com.